Take the journey south with a visit to one of Thailand more popular sights Ė the floating market.
Starting from your hotel in Bangkok we take start the journey south with a visit to one of Thailand more popular sights Ė the floating market. We have a chance to have a look around before we head of through the maze of canals in a long tail boat that make this area so interesting. We ride the back roads through, along side plantations that provide a wide array of produce before eventually arriving at our charming hotel on the banks of the canal. Our second day really takes us of the beaten path into the countryside that separates Burma from Thailand. This beautiful area is a joy to ride in as we pass by Keang Krachan lake and we take small back roads and trails all the way to the hotel. Our final day is a great ride as we now head to the beach just south of Huan Hin. After a great ride taking in the beach and local fishing villages and lunch at a local restaurant overlooking the sea we drop you at your venue of choice Ė Pranburi, Hua Hin or Bangkok.
This tour follows a wide range of trails, including quiet back roads, jeep trails with a few small hills but nothing too strenuous or taxing. Days 1 and 3 of the tour are relatively undemanding as it is flat but day 2 is a little harder due to some small hills.
We ride as a group, with experienced cycle guides setting an even pace and stop often to visit points of interest and sample some of the local food. Our support vehicle follows close behind with plenty of water. Our guides are knowledgeable on the local area and customs and explain the history, culture and local way-of-life each time we stop.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
Day 1 Bangkok Ė Ampawa (Samut Songkram) (32 km)
Lunch and Dinner included.
06:45 - 08:00 - Pick up from hotels.
08:00 - 09:15 - Drive to Samut Songkram.
09:15 - 09:45 - Visit Damnoen Nam Saduak (Floating Market).
09:45 - 10:30 - Long tail boat ride through the maze of canals to Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram
10:30 - 12:30 - Ride along back roads visiting Ban Khai Noi, Ban Bung before arriving at our lunch stop Suan Rim Nam.
12:30 - 13:30 - Enjoy lunch on the river side setting
13:30 - 15:00 - Ride more back roads back to our overnight stop along by the riverside.
15:00 - 19:00 - Rest of day free until dinner.
19:00 - Dinner at local restaurant
Overnight - Chotika Riverfront
Day 2 Ampawa Ė Kaeng Krachan (27 km)
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included
07:00 - 08:00 - Breakfast
08:00 - 09:30 - Transfer to start point of ride at Kaeng Krachan Dam.
09:30 - 12:30 - Ride along the shoreline of the dam, along country roads and trails until we reach our riverside resort.
12:30 - 15:00 - Check in and shower before we head off for a delicious Thai lunch of BBQ chicken, sticky rice and spicy papaya salad. A favourite of all Thai people.
15:00 - 19:00 - Return to resort and have time to relax with a swim massage before dinner.
19:30 Dinner at the hotel.
Overnight - Petchvarin hotel
Day 3 Pranburi Ride 35 km
Breakfast and Lunch included.
07:00 - 08:00 - Breakfast
08:00 - 09:30 - Transfer to start of ride just outside Hua Hin
09:30 - 13:00 - Great ride passing through local fishing village plantations, along side the beach to our lunch stop
13:00 - 14:00 - Lunch at local restaurant over looking the beach
14:00 - 17:00 - Transfer to hotel in Pranburi, Hua Hin or back to Bangkok
End of Services
- Pick-up/drop-off at Bangkok hotels
- Accident insurance
- All hotels and meals specified
- All transfers by a/c vehicles
- All entrances to museums and sites mentioned
- All water and snacks whilst riding
- Bike hire, helmet and spares for 3 days
- English speaking cycle guide
- Three lunches (Thai food)
- Two dinners (Thai food)
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and other beverages in the evenings
- Optional Boat trip to Mon Village.
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children joining the tours should be competent cyclist as there might be some narrow pathways.
- Children under the age 5 of are free of charge.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule. - This trip is suitable for all levels of riders and is an excellent trip for families.
- Road surface is a mix of asphalt roads, vehicle-width dirt roads, and off-road trails.
- Support includes one or two 8-seat air-conditioned minibuses fitted with two-way radio and specially converted to take bikes and bikers.
- The following information per participant will be required upon booking:
ē Full name
ē Height (in cm) to select correct bike size