Take this 5-day guided tour from Tokyo. Visit Mt. Fuji, Hakone, Nagoya, Toba, Ise, Kyoto, and Nara, before reaching Kyoto.
Get the ultimate introduction to Japan! Go up Mt. Fuji, Japan's most famous symbol, for a panoramic view of the land below. Enjoy the mountain resort area of Hakone, check out Toba, the home of the first cultivated pearls, and Ise, the most important Shinto Shrine. Explore Kyoto's 1,200 years of history and see Nara's Todaiji, home of the Great Buddha.
Day 1: Tokyo - Mt. Fuji - Hakone
Pick-up service is available from major Tokyo hotels. Please see the list below.
Depart Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal by motorcoach for Mt. Fuji (120 minutes). Visit the Mt. Fuji Visitor Center (20 minutes) and then drive up to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji to enjoy the view from a height of 2,300 meters (30 minutes).
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch. After lunch, go for a cruise on beautiful Lake Ashi and ride the scenic Hakone Ropeway (20 minutes).
17:00 - 18 :00
Arrive at Yumoto Fujiya Hotel. Check in and stay the night.
Day 2: Hakone - Nagoya
08:00 - 09:00
Depart the hotel by motorcoach and proceed to Odawara Station. Take a Kodama Shinkansen (bullet train) to Nagoya (140 minutes).
Enjoy a buffet-style lunch. After lunch, visit Nagoya Castle (80 minutes) and Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology (60 minutes).
16:00 - 16:30
Arrive at Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel. Check in and stay the night.
Day 3: Nagoya - Ise - Toba - Kyoto
Depart from the hotel on foot and proceed to Kintetsu Nagoya Station. Take a limited express train to Ise-shi Station (90 minutes) and visit Ise Jingu Shrine and Okage Yokocho (90 minutes). Proceed by local bus and visit Mikimoto Pearl Island (120 minutes).
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch. After lunch, proceed to Toba Station by local bus and board a limited express train to Kyoto (150 minutes).
18:30 - 19:30
Arrive in Kyoto and get dropped off at your hotel (options available; see list below). Check in and stay the night.
Day 4: Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
07:50 - 08:45
Depart your hotel by motorcoach and assemble at New Miyako Hotel. Visit impressive Nijo Castle with its nightingale floors and gorgeous interiors (50 minutes), Kinkakuji Temple with its glittering golden pavilion (45 minutes), and exclusive Kyoto Imperial Palace which cannot be accessed except as part of a tour arranged in advance (40 minutes).
Enjoy a Western-style buffet lunch at Kyoto Nagomikan. (Depending on the tour date, lunch may be a Japanese-style buffet instead of a set.) After lunch, continue to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple with its massive Great Buddha and Nara Park with its friendly deer (60 minutes), colorful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with its 3,000 lanterns (40 minutes), and Nara Nagomikan which offers a wide variety of local goods and souvenirs (20 minutes).
18:30 - 19:30
Return to your hotel in Kyoto by motorcoach and stay the night.
Day 5: Kyoto - Tokyo
You are free to enjoy Kyoto on your own until your scheduled departure for Tokyo.
17:00 - 17:50
Depart your hotel in Kyoto by motorcoach for Kyoto Station. Take a Nozomi Shinkansen to Tokyo (140 minutes).
21:00 - 22:00
Arrive at Tokyo Station. Drop-off is available to the same hotels that are available for pick-up.
Tourist Class: Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
First Class: Kyoto Hotel Okura
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- 4 lunches
- English-speaking guide except when on the Shinkansen
- Meals and drinks not included in description
- Personal expense
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- Your baggage will be transported by land from Hakone to Kyoto with allowance of one piece per person on 2nd day. For the overnight stay in Nagoya, we recommend that you carry a light overnight bag with you. You will be charged per item if you bring extra baggage.
- We recommend bringing / wearing an overcoat or other warm clothing during autumn and winter.
- For people proceeding to Kyoto after this tour, please note that your arrival time is usually around 21:30 but sometimes will be around 22:00 - 23:00 due to traffic conditions.
- We do not give refunds if you go up to 5th station of Mt. Fuji and it happened that you cannot see the full view due to weather conditions.
- Other hotel packages are available, please contact us.
Remarks for various portions of the itinerary apply to this tour package. Please be sure to read and confirm them by clicking on the links below:
- Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour
- Kyoto Morning Tour
- Nara Afternoon Tour
By booking this tour, you confirm that you have read and agree to these changes.